Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blender Banana Ice Cream

I am an Ice Cream-aholic.  I would eat ice cream every single day if it wouldn't go straight to my hips. I was making a smoothie with frozen banana. I turned on the blender without putting any liquid in and Voila, Banana Ice Cream.

Since there is nothing in it but bananas, I gave my little ones their first taste of ice cream. It went over with mixed reviews. Sam loved it and she ate the whole thing. David liked the taste but it was too cold for him. It was the first time they've ever really had anything that cold, so I think it will take a little time.

I love it. It was so easy to make, so I'm going t o be experimenting with different varieties.  My sister folds in a handful of dark chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to make a Healthy Chunky Monkey when she makes it.  I'll post other ideas as I try new varieties.



Blender Banana Ice Cream

Bananas- as many as you like

Cut your banana's into 1 inch chunks and put in Ziploc bag. freeze. I put them in in the morning and make it after dinner but i think they would freeze in about 3 hrs. Put them in a blender. I used my ninja because the individual container can go right in the freezer.

The bananas will turn crumbly. Don't freak out, just keep the blender going and it will turn into a smooth creamy consistency just like ice cream. Top it with a little peanut butter or chocolate topping. Amazing!




3 comments:

  1. Excellent blog and very helpful information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. SubZero, Viking Ice Maker Repair Moorpark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Dishwasher Repair Wolf, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Sears, Viking, GE, Maytag, Bosch, FisherPaykel, RepairNearMe in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete