Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Banana Yogurt Pancakes

It's been months since my last post, but I'm back!

It has been so hard to get a few minutes during the day to update the blog. My twins have recently turned one and they barely let me get a minute to myself. However, they are now taking longer naps during the day, so I should be able to post more often.

With that being said I have been cooking up a storm over the last few months and taking lots of pictures so we have lots of quick, healthy, freezable meals coming up over the next few weeks. 

My kids are starting to eat a larger variety of food, which means I have to have a large variety on hand in my freezer. The mornings are the hardest for me to cook because they are impatient and want to eat as soon as they get up. So when I cook breakfast, I make a large batch and freeze it so I can quickly grab it and throw it in the microwave.

These banana yogurt pancakes are so good and super easy to make. They are also perfect for anyone that has any egg allergies since they are egg-less and these pancakes can be made vegan by using soy yogurt instead. Since I make this for my kids, I do use whole milk yogurt, but you can use any that you prefer. 

These pancakes are not going to win an award for fluffiness, but they are darn tasty, especially if you spread some Nutella on top. Yummy!

Banana Yogurt Pancakes

2 Ripe Bananas
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Bisquick

Peel and mash the bananas. Once they are mashed mix in the vanilla, yogurt and completely incorporate. Next add in the Bisquick. Whisk together. It will be the consistency of regular pancake batter. If you find it a little to thick you can thin out with a little milk or water.


Pour on a well greased griddle. Once they begin to bubble, flip over and brown on other side.  Remove and serve warm.

Freezing Instruction: Allow the pancakes to cool completely. Stack the pancakes with wax or parchment paper in between to prevent them from sticking together. Freeze.

To reheat place in a microwave for 1 minute and serve warm.








No comments:

Post a Comment