Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quick and Easy Ice Cream Sandwich


Since having my beautiful twins, it has been hard to get out and see my friends. Since I have always been a social person, I invite my friends over for a casual dinner at my house, potluck style. So everyone brings a part of the meal so that not one person gets overwhelmed with all the cooking.  One of my friends brought over these amazing chocolate chip cookies that were half dipped in chocolate. They were delicious. When everyone was leaving he told me to keep them, but there were almost a dozen left. I can’t be trusted with chocolate sitting there staring at me every day, so I decided to make ice cream sandwiches out of them.  It’s quick, easy, and no cooking involved. You can interchange any of the ingredients for what you have on hand. Use nuts or mini chocolate chips instead of sprinkles. Use double chocolate chip cookies. Whatever you have in the house. Use this as a pantry clean out dish.

 

Quick and Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches

12 chocolate chip cookies

1 gallon ice cream (I used vanilla because it’s what I had in the freezer)

½ cup rainbow sprinkles (optional)

 

Take one cookie and place 2 scoops of ice cream on the bottom, then place a second cookie on top of the ice cream, bottom down. Pour sprinkles on a small plate or bowl and roll sandwich in the sprinkles.  If you see any bare spot, fill in it in until you have as much, or little sprinkles and you like. Promptly wrap in foil and label. Repeat with remaining 10 cookies. When all are finished, place in the freezer, flat to freeze. Once frozen I place them all in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Whenever you’re in the mood, grab one out and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment