Friday, October 5, 2012

Amy's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread


So sorry I haven’t been able to post for a couple days, but my babies are teething so bad I haven’t had a minute to sit down and type. They are getting so big so fast is crazy. I’m going to try and post another recipe tonight when my husband gets home later tonight to try and make up for the lost day, but if I can’t please forgive me.

I just want to start out by saying, this is not my recipe, but I love it so much and have made no improvements to it other than adding 1 cup chopped pecans. This dish is so moist and delicious its amazing. I get asked for the recipe all the time, so I decided to post it here. It freezes so well.

If you’re making it in bread form, slice it before you freeze so you can grab a slice whenever you want. I do make this recipe and leave a couple loaves whole so that when I have a party to go to I can pull it out the night before to thaw and bring it with me. It’s a hit everywhere I bring it. It’s also great in muffins. If you’re making muffins they only need to cook for 20-25 minutes.

Amy’s Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread from www.food.com
6 eggs
4 cups sugar
2 cups oil
4 -5 cups zucchini, shredded
6 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 (12 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat together eggs, sugar and oil. Slowly add zucchini and remaining ingredients, mixing well. Bake in 4 well-greased loaf pans for about one hour.

Freezing- I always double wrap this bread to prevent freezer burn, also this bread is super moist and the freezer can suck some of that moisture out. I find the double wrapping prevents this. For bread (sliced). Slice first into approximately 1 inch slices, wrap each in plastic wrap. Then I wrap again in a piece of aluminum foil. Lay flat to freeze. Then I gather them all up and place in a Ziploc bag that is labeled and dated. Do the same for muffins. For bread (loaf) if you’re freezing the entire loaf without slicing double wrap it in plastic wrap then do the foil. Label and date the foil. Don’t bother with the Ziploc bag. 

To Defrost-When thawing, do not freeze in plastic. The water will condense on the bread and make it super soggy. Not good. Unwrap and place on a plate or cooling rack or plate. It defrosts rather quickly. Once it’s thawed either consume same day or cover because it will dry out if it’s left out. I also have microwaved it straight from the freezer for 45 seconds and it is delicious because it gets that warm pout of the oven taste.


Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/amys-chocolate-chip-zucchini-bread-48013?oc=linkback


No comments:

Post a Comment